Monday, May 21, 2012

Six things

Today I stumbled upon a Word file I made in March of 2010 titled "25 Things".  Not remembering what that title was about, and curious, I opened the file, to discover a list of six "things" I had taken the time to document.  It took a minute to reconstruct why I started this list: it was my attempt to participate in one of those Facebook fads, when I was new to Facebook and eager to get involved.  The idea was that you would make a list of 25 things people may not know about you.  It appears mine became heavy and revealing almost immediately, causing me to abandon the list at item 6 and never publish it.   It's number 6 I'm still uneasy about two years later.  I'm at peace with the others.

1.      I prefer ambivalence and process; certainty and completion make me restless. 
2.      Give me a warm, rainy day with wind. 
3.      I’m really about 17 years old. 
4.      I’ve never been to Europe and irrationally believe it’s out of reach. 
5.      I rarely feel understood or seen. 
6.      I’m extremely attracted to moody, complicated people before I resent them.




No comments:

Post a Comment