Monday, July 2, 2012

Desire




     will it be like dying
     will I want you always
     under my skin

     will you come to me then
     come to me
     with your wasp heart enjoying
     rumbling your thirsty
     throaty thought

     he rums and hums
     grips with bat wings
     stomping, swaying
     savors the slow dance of sin
     agrunt with the hymn of the cloven hoof

               close your eyes he says
               you are not dreaming
               of rescue
               are you

               your heart feels like a plum

      tastes like salt







Disclaimer:  I didn’t write this.  Tracy Pinkham wrote this at the age of 26.   I discovered this relic of her in a box in the basement.  It seems to have been printed on one of those old dot matrix printers where the paper was fed into the machine in a long roll of detachable, perforated sheets attached to the mechanism via a series of small holes on either side of the paper, and the strips with the holes were perforated and detachable too, once you'd done printing and torn your sheet from the roll.  But the strips weren’t detached in this case, just folded back, evoking nostalgia; and the font was courier as I've rendered it, also nostalgic.  Remember that paper, that font? 

Hey there, scary nymphomaniac love-junkie vampire-demon-erotica girl.  Girl, what is up?  Long time no see.  Why are you such a lonely, disguised, needy, profane freak?  Shouldn’t someone put a stake right through your heart?   It seems you’ve been allowed to live after all.

Every time I go digging around in basement boxes, I lay hands on some bizarre creature.  Sometimes while I examine them, they open their eyes, like this girl; other times they don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment